2024 COMMON THREADS QUILT SHOW JUDGED CATEGORIES
Categories 1 – 3, Large Quilt, one width + one length is greater than 140”
1. Pieced Quilt, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
2. Appliquéd Quilt, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
3. Pieced & Appliquéd Quilt, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
Categories 4 – 6: Wall Quilt, one width + one length is less than 140”
4. Pieced Wall Hanging, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
5. Appliquéd Wall Hanging, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
6. Pieced & Appliquéd Wall Hanging, machine quilted – 1 or 2 person
7. Hand Quilted, Quilt or Wall Hanging – 1 or 2 person, group
8. Art/Pictorial Quilt – Original, no pattern, any technique. If a photo is inspiration, credit must be given to photographer.
9. Holiday Quilt – Holiday theme, any technique
10. Modern Quilt – Having but not limited to the following characteristics: the use of bold colors and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid color, improvisational piecing, minimalism, expansive negative space, and alternate grid work. Also, modern traditionalism, the updating of classic quilt designs.
11. Group Quilt – 3 or more people (Bee, mini-group, etc.)
12. Quilt made from Prairie Quilt Guild workshop
13. Kit Quilt – Quilt made entirely or partially from a kit. Will not be eligible for “Best Use of Color” or “Best of Show”.
14. My First Judged Quilt
15. Other, Traditional or Non-traditional – Crazy Quilt, Hand Embroidered, Whole Cloth, Yo-Yo’s, Machine Embroidered, Photo-Transfer, Selvage, T-Shirt, Cathedral Window, etc.
16. Found & Finished – Quilt made with vintage and/or antique linens, quilt blocks, or quilt top which the entrant has actively participated in the construction and/or quilting. Vintage = 50 years or older.
Questions? Please contact Mayleen Vinson, CTRQS Judging Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Quilters (No entry fee)
17. Quilted items made by youth, ages 6 – 11
18. Quilted items made by youth, ages 12 – 18
Youth Quilters Rules – Judged Show rules apply except for the following:
1. No entry fee
2. Entrant does not need to be a member of Prairie Quilt Guild.
3. Enter up to two (2) quilted items in the age category entrant was when item was made.
4. Items will be judged by a PQG member and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and participation ribbons will be awarded.
Questions about Youth Quilter categories and rules? Please contact Sara Farley.